I've been a busy little beaver and haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd best give a quick update so that my few blog subscribers know I'm still alive and kicking. So, in writing news:
- Derrick the Dog has been finished, edited, covered, and sent to CreateSpace. I have the proof back, and it looks pretty good (I was a little worried; I'd read some horror stories about bizarre color shifts in photos/illustrations). The margins need some adjusting, and I've spotted a missing word. I'll have to go through it carefully. Funny how things pop out at you on paper that you miss on screen. It's currently on hold, though, because:
- I've written a novellete entitled Repetition under the pen name D Lee Warren. I'm currently going through the 2nd draft, using a technique I picked up from Joanna Penn. It's really helping. I've located awkward passages, repeated words, and sentences that just don't sound good aloud (I'll have to go back and do this with my other works). I'm rushing through this as best as I can so I can get it to my editor by the middle of June. I've contracted with Karri Klawiter for the cover and am on her calendar for July 1. She does some beautiful work, so I'm excited to begin working with her. As long as there are no major problems, I hope to have this out in eBook form by the end of the summer.
- If you want to see what kind of awesomeness she's capable of, you should have a look here. It blows me away with what she started with and what she was able to do with it.
- The 2nd Derrick and Max book, Derrick and Max go to the Beach, (man, do I pick snazzy titles or what?) has been written, and the first illustration done (shown below). The developmental edit is back in my hands, but it's also been on hold because of the cover deadline for Repetition (sorry, Victoria; I know you're waiting patiently). I have a lot more illustrations planned for this one than I had in the first, so it'll be awhile before it actually comes out.
- I've got a bunch of other stuff started, but I'm going to try to actually wrap some things up before getting back into those. With any luck, I'll have 2 releases finished and out by the end of summer and maybe another two by the end of the year.
That's it. I'm still alive and doing fairly well. If you're one of my subscribers or just stumbled here from a link, please say hello. Also, I'd love to connect with you on social media. You can find me on the links at the top of the page. Thanks for reading!